If you have a pet at home, then you are definitely familiar with all the mess and the clean up that you are regularly required to do. To be honest, this can actually be quite a daunting task. Everyone loves their pets, but the cleaning part? Not so much. While every household has a vacuum cleaner, these are only designed for general cleaning purposes and not specifically for the carpets. There are separate devices known as carpet cleaners that target spots and stains effectively, thus giving a thorough carpet cleaning. The cleaning techniques may differ depending on the design of the carpet cleaner. Secretofdiva.com mission is to review best carpet cleaners for pets.
Carpet cleaners are also much more cost-efficient than hiring professional carpet cleaners and produce almost the same result. These devices not only target cleaning but also odor removal. So if you have been having trouble with your pets spoiling your precious carpets, you should really consider getting yourself a carpet cleaner. Listed below are the three best carpet cleaners for pets based on the buying trend and the customer feedback.
1.Hoover Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet CleanerView on Amazon
- Although the pictures depict this carpet cleaner as being quite massive in size, it isn’t really so enormous in real life. It is only slightly bigger than a vacuum cleaner and weighs a total of 18.1 lbs. Although this weight may not be very convenient to be lifted around while cleaning, there will hardly be any need to do so as the carpet cleaner just needs to be dragged around. You will easily be able to tackle the job with a single hand. Price is reasonable for one of the best carpet cleaners for pets.
- It measures 21.5“ x 14.5” x 23.5”, thus making it almost similar in size to a vacuum cleaner. This also makes it convenient to store the cleaner as it does not take up too much space in the storage rack.
- This carpet cleaner comes with a 20 ft long power cord which gives you plenty of reach. This is a great advantage as you do not have to deal with the restrictive reach while cleaning the nooks and corners. It also has an onboard chord holder, where you can easily roll up the cords when no longer needed. Therefore, the rolling up is also not a hassle.
- It has an 8ft hose and an upholstery tool for a super effortless cleaning. This makes sure that you can complete your task effortlessly, in a very short span of time
- The extensive reach and easy design make this carpet cleaner ideal for cleaning carpets as well as for freshening up couches and lounges.
- Has an 11.25” nozzle width which can efficiently pull in maximum debris in a minimum number of Passovers
- It has a 1-gallon clean water tank which is quite good a capacity for carpet cleaners. This makes sure that you can go on doing your cleaning job without having to stop for refills along the way. This can come extremely handy, especially when you are cleaning a large surface area. It can drastically reduce your cleaning time.
- The tank design makes refilling very convenient. There is a handle using which you can effortlessly lift the tank out of its compartment, empty and refill it. This ensures a clean job with little or no spill.
- The carpet cleaner has a rinse or wash setting. The wash setting can be used with a soapy solution. After you have washed the carpets with this solution, you can then switch over to the rinse setting which again allows you to wash the soapy residue with clean water. These are some of the features that make this carpet cleaner way more effective than a vacuum cleaner.
- This is easily one of the best carpet cleaners for pets as it has a compact design, thus making it very convenient to clean even the stairs and other hard to reach areas.
- The recovery tank has a pour spout which further ensures that you can empty out and refill the tank without creating any mess.
- Has removable cleaning brushes so that you can replace them frequently, depending on whether you are going for a general light cleaning or a deep cleaning
- Unlike most other carpet cleaners that have a rolling brush, this one ha rotating brushes. This makes sure that these brushes are constantly in touch with the carpet. These are also capable of counter rotating. Hence, they are able to scrub the carpet fibers from every possible angle, providing a thorough deep cleaning effect.
- The cleaner has a dual nozzle which increases the suction while cleaning up. This feature makes it possible to clean as much as possible in as little passovers as possible. The nozzles are also able to throw off the heated air to speed up the drying process. This particular feature may be great, especially because your carpets will be saved from dampness and therefore damage. So essentially, the cleaner allows you to wash as well as dry up the carpets in no time.
- There are 4 different types of handles that come with the unit. You can choose any one out of these depending on the ease of use and accessibility. This also makes it easier to transport the cleaner when it is not being used.
- Has a heated cleaning feature. This can be used especially when you are trying to lift stubborn stains that are normally difficult to clean. Blowing hot air over the hardened grease stains will soften and loosen its hold off the carpet, thus making it easier to clean.
- The cleaner has an automatic detergent mixing system that allows you to mix just the right ratio of detergent and water. This makes sure that you achieve optimum cleaning results with minimum hassle.
- It has a two tank system, one for clean water and the other for fresh water, for maximum cleaning effect. Both the tanks are easy to empty out and refill.
- Additional accessories include an 8 foot hose, a mesh tool storage bag and sample bottles of cleaning solution
- There are also special stair tools, upholstery and crevice tools for cleaning the tricky areas.
- The spin scrub tool can be detached for cleaning higher reaches
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- The set up is very easy
- Very easy to operate
- Detergent mixing guide for optimal cleaning
- Great performance
- Hot air blast for cleaning toughened grease and grime
- Quick dry up
- Wash and rinse for a thorough cleaning effect
- Gives the carpet a refreshed new look and also elongate their lifetime
- Great for cleaning upholstery as well
- Allows for a convenient storage
- Easy refilling
- Long power cord with extensive reach
- The turbine of the rotating brush cleaner stays in constant contact with the water and therefore starts rusting out very quickly
- The base of the motor can get clogged with dirt and pet hair. To escalate the problem, it is not very easy to clean the machine thoroughly
2.Hoover Steam Vac Plus Carpet Cleaner with Clean SurgeView on Amazon
- It is excellent for deep cleaning. Efficiently picks up all the pet hair and mud spreads in just one go. The carpet cleaner has mostly received positive reviews from customers.
- Provides professional grade cleaning at a much cheaper cost.
- Can be used for cleaning everything from coffee stains to urine stains to pet stains to wine stains. It can even effectively remove old and stubborn stains that have stayed for years, thus giving the carpets a refreshed look. This secures a place for the HOOVER F5914901NC in the list of best carpet cleaners for pets
- Comes at a quite affordable price and yet delivers the same results as that of highly priced carpet cleaners
- Very easy to operate and maintain
- Can be used for all types of carpets, be it the plush ones or Berber carpets. Does not affect the texture of the carpets even when used frequently
- Throws of hot air blasts through the nozzle. This hot air can be directed over stubborn greasy stains to soften them so that the stains can be removed easily
- The hot air blasts also ensure that the carpets dry up much faster after the cleaning. This will keep them from catching mildew and therefore elongate their lifespan
- It also uses a suction mechanism to pull out as much water as possible before treating them with a hot air blast. This speeds up the drying process
- The carpet cleaner not only cleans the carpet, but also sanitizes them, thus killing germs and keeping them safe for your pets
- The cleaning and the drying are done almost simultaneously, so you do not have to wait all day for your carpets to dry. This itself makes Hoover F5914901NC the best carpet cleaners for pets.
- It hardly takes 10 minutes to assemble the parts together before using them. It also gives a quick start, thus saving up a lot of hassle and time.
- Comes with an easy to refer instruction manual so that you do not get stuck in case you encounter any technical difficulties. The company also offers a good customer support.
- The machine has a powerful mechanism that can efficiently remove pet stains, urine and vomit stains. Along with the cleaning, it also deodorizes the carpets.
- Has a very handy weight of 20 lbs. Therefore, lifting it around is not a chore. You can very conveniently carry it upstairs and downstairs and from one room to the other. It is, in fact, one of the lightest full powered best carpet cleaners for pets available in the market currently.
- Glides very smoothly over the carpets so that not a single area is left out while cleaning
- It can not only clean carpeted floors, but hard floors like tiles and linoleum as well, thus increasing the utility. For this, you will be required to attach the carpet cleaner to a hard floor attachment that comes along with the package
- It has 360-degree counter-rotating brushes that clean your carpet from all the angles, thus giving a thorough, deep cleaning effect
- Has dual tanks, one for clean water and one for used, dirty water
- There are different speed settings that you can adjust accordingly for high cleaning, gentle cleaning or for low cleaning
- Uses soap solutions for washing and rinsing effect. This, combined with the heated cleaning can be extra effective in cleaning oil spills
- If you want to add more detergent to the solution, you can do so with a simple press of the button
- Quick and easy assemble
- Easy trigger mechanism for spraying the liquid. This gives you a good control on the amount of liquid you spray
- Hardly leaves any spots after cleaning
- Dries the carpets very quickly
- You have to know the different settings that are suitable for different carpet types or you may end up damaging the fabric
- May not rinse off the soap residues effectively
- The water may not get as hot as you expect
3.BISSEL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Deep CleanerView on Amazon
- Features 4 rows of rotating brushes
- The brushes are capable of counter rotating so that the carpets get cleaned from every angle
- Glides very smoothly over the carpets
- Powerful suction for pulling off pet hair and loose dirt
- 2 tanks, one for clean water and one for dirty water
- The tanks are easy to refill and also do not create any mess
- A separate lint screen that can be used while cleaning pet hairs
- The nozzle is removable
- Comes with an eight oz cleaning formula as a trial pack
- The brushes penetrate deep into the carpets, thus effectively loosening maximum dirt which will then be pulled by the powerful suction
- Allows heat cleaning
- The hot air blasts can be directed over hardened grime so as to soften them before getting cleaned up
- Effectively cleans up pet urine and vomit stains
- Deodorizes the carpet
- The hot air blasts speeds up the drying process
- You can use mild, pet safe disinfectants with the cleaning solution for sanitizing the carpets
- Gives a refreshed looking to the carpets, removing even old stains
- Comes with a built-in measuring cup that can be used while preparing cleaning solutions
- Quick set up
- Easy to use
- Strong suction that pulls off all the dirt from soiled carpets
- Good tank capacity, so no need to refill every now and then
- Hardly leaves a spot after deep cleaning
- Big size
- Unlike most other carpet cleaners, does not have a detachable hand held cleaning wand
- May not be very effective in sucking up water
- The carpet fibers get trapped in the brush, which is then difficult to be removed
- Does not spray much water at a time
Conclusion finding best carpet cleaners for pets
These three are supposedly the best carpet cleaners for pets trending in the market currently. All of them have wash and rinse cleaning, heat cleaning, drying and suction pull features. All of them have powerful suction for picking off lint and pet hair and also deodorizing the carpet. You can easily buy any one of these to make sure that you save both time and effort.