Every woman has gone through the strenuous ordeal of finding the perfect bra. Right from its size to comfort, a bra can be the make-or-break deal when it comes to flaunting your outfit. And if you are one of those women who need more coverage and lift, vintage bras will undoubtedly be perfect for you. Sure, modern bras can also do wonders for you, but there’s just something about vintage style bras, isn’t it? However, with many vintage bras available in the market, the list of options is endless. So how do you go about finding the right bra?
Don’t fret, because we’ve got you covered! In this article, you will find about the 5 best vintage style bras in 2020. Right from its detailing to comfort and design, these vintage bras will provide you with all the comfort you need. You will also find out how important it is to find the best fitting bra along with a buying guide. Intrigued? Keep reading!
Benefits of wearing the perfect bra
You just don’t go about wearing a bra because other women are. You’ll be surprised to know that there are ample of benefits for your health and outlook when you wear the perfect bra. Some of these benefits are:
Improvement of posture
Wearing the right bra benefits a lot in improving your posture. It disallows the shoulders from slouching and straightens your back because of the support it provides.
Improvement of health
A perfect bra also means improvement of health. How? This is because wearing the right bra can help prevent skin irritation, and pain in the chest and back. This is especially true for women with bigger breasts.
Improvement of shape
Wearing the perfect bra also helps drastically in improving the shape of the breasts, especially if you just started sporting a bra.
Boosting of confidence
You are also entitled to a lot of confidence when you wear the perfect bra as it helps make you feel and look fabulous and confident.
So you had to shell out some extra bucks to get the perfect bra- great! It means that the bra will last longer than the average bras while providing you long-lasting comfort and support as well.
Why Vintage Style Bra?
If you’re one of those who haven’t tried on vintage bras just as yet, you may have to consider keeping the option open for wearing vintage style bras. Why so, you may wonder. This is because unlike the modern-day bras, vintage style bras are all about high quality and design. The seams of vintage bras are sewn in such a way that they won’t give away easily. And seams are the most important part of any bra! What’s more, bras are also more soft and comfortable in comparison to modern bras, making them a better choice among the two. Additionally, some vintage bras come in a half-corset, meaning, it extends down from the underwire. This will help a lot in making you look slimmer as it tucks the belly.
History of women’s bras here.
How to Choose the Perfect Vintage Bra?
It’s not an easy task to choose the right bra, let alone choosing the right vintage style bra! For this, you need to keep certain things in mind before making your purchase.
- First of all, it is very important that you know your measurement. You can do this right at home with the help of a measuring tape. Once you know your measurement, you will be able to find the best fitting bra for yourself. You will no longer have to look into the elastic and seams of the bra to know whether it’s perfect for you or not.
- Another thing you need to keep in mind when you’re looking for a vintage bra is that this bra comes in vintage sizing. As we all know, women at that time were petite. So, it should come as no surprise if a vintage bra is small for you, even though you got it in the same modern bra size.
- You also need to keep in mind the style of the vintage bra you’re looking for. The bra comes in a variety of styles- from front closure bras to bullet bras. So when buying a vintage bra, make sure you know what type of clothing you will be wearing over it. This will help you serve justice to the bra and the top, T-shirt or dress you decide to wear.
- One of the most important things you need to know about vintage bras is that they don’t always come with underwires. And some women prefer their bra with underwires as they provide lift and support. So make sure that if you’re going for a bra without underwires, it gives the support and shape you’re looking for.
5 Best Vintage Bras in 2020
So here’s the most anticipated part of this article- the five best vintage bras you can opt for in 2020! In no particular order, these five vintage bras will definitely grab your attention and make you wonder why you never came across these till date!
1.Playtex women’s 18-hour original comfort strap full coverage bra
This imported full coverage bra by Playtex is certainly one of the must-haves if you’re looking for a vintage bra. It comes with comfortable straps providing relief from pressure while preventing further digging in. This bra needs to be hand-washed.
- This Playtex vintage bra is made of 100% polyester, with its back band made of 84% natural rubber latex and 16% nylon.
- This vintage bra by Playtex comes with hook-and-eye closure for a secure fastening method.
- The floral pattern in this Playtex full coverage bra allows for a feminine touch.
- This Playtex bra comes with higher sides of the frames for better coverage.
- The cups of this Playtex vintage bra are much rounder, helping in the prevention of spilling.
- The back of this Playtex bra is very smooth, which provides more stability.
- This full-coverage Playtex bra is very comfortable and stays in shape even after numerous washing.
- The shoulder straps of this Playtex bra provide maximum protection.
- This Playtex 18-hour comfort full strap bra comes in a pretty design.
- The cups of this Playtex bra may not be fitting for all sizes.
2. Bali women’s flower underwire bra
For those of you looking for an underwired vintage bra, the imported floral underwire bra by Bali has got to be the excellent choice. Its cups, band and straps are all made of 100% polyester. This Bali underwire bra comes with full coverage which features picot trims and needs to be hand-washed.
- This flower underwire bra by Bali allows for quick fastening because of its hook-and-eye closure.
- This Bali vintage bra comes with a sewn bow fabric at the center front.
- The shoulder straps of this bra are adjustable and provide maximum support.
The underwires of this Bali bra are cushion-tipped, which provides allows for comfortable shaping and lifting.
- The cups of this bra are seamed, which allows for additional support.
- This Comfort-U design underwire bra by Bali allows for the straps to stay in place.
- This Bali bra is soft and comfortable.
- This Bali vintage flower underwire bra gives maximum support and lift.
- The band fit of this vintage bra is true to its size.
- The straps of this Bali bra do not stretch much, allowing them to stay in one place.
- The seams of this Bali vintage style bra are visible through thin clothing.
3. Playtex women’s 18-hour ultimate lift and support wire-free bra
If you’re one of those who feel uncomfortable wearing bras with underwires, you can opt for Playtex women’s 18-hour lift wire-free bra. This imported vintage bra by Playtex is sure to provide you with maximum lift and comfort. What’s more, it is easily washable and allows you to flaunt your curves in the best possible way!
- This underwire-free bra by Playtex is made of 86% cotton and 14% spandex.
- The hook-and-eye closure of this vintage bra by Playtex makes it easy for fastening.
- The cups of this Playtex wire-free bra comes with lift panels which allows for beautiful natural shaping.
- The straps of this bra are cushioned, which allows for maximum comfort and staying in place.
- The TruSUPPORT design of this Playtex underwire-free bra also allows for more support and comfort, which comes in floral fabric.
- This under-wire free bra by Playtex is super comfortable and provides maximum support.
- The cups of this Playtex vintage style bra allows for a beautiful natural shape.
- The straps of this bra are wide and prevent digging in.
- The fabric of this underwire-free bra by Playtex may not be very flexible.
4. Playtex women’s 18-hour perfect lift bra
Another vintage bra which you simply cannot forego is the Playtex 18-hour perfect lift bra. This imported bra by Playtex is made of nylon and can be machine-washed.
- The hook-and-eye closure of this Playtex perfect lift vintage bra helps in quick fastening.
- The cups and back of this Playtex bra come in breathable fabric which helps in preventing sweat.
- This vintage style bra also comes with comfortable straps which provide relief to the shoulder as well as prevent their digging in.
- This bra comes with boostu panels which allow for an enhanced look and shape.
- This underwear by Playtex also comes with a seamless lace overlay.
- The cups of this Playtex bra also come with pockets for breast form.
- This Playtex bra provides a great lift and shape.
- The straps of this bra stay put without any discomfort to the shoulder.
- The cups of this Playtex bra are comfortable.
- This Playtex vintage bra does not allow for full coverage.
5. What Katie Did 1940s vintage peach bullet bra
It’s always a good thing to save the best for last, and that’s What Katie Did vintage peach bullet bra is- the best! Taking inspiration from the 1940’s with its bullet shape, this vintage bra by What Katie Did has been designed into an extensive range of modern sizing. Tip: If you opt for this bra, add 3-4 inches to the measurement of your rib cage to get the most fitting band size.
- This vintage bullet bra by What Katie Did is made of 100% polyester.
- The body of this vintage bullet bra is made of soft, single-layered satin.
- This What Katie Did bullet bra comes with a clever cutting which allows for a crisscross detailing in the centre.
- The band and straps of this vintage bullet bra are non-stretchable, allowing for a difference in comparison to modern-day bras.
- This What Katie Did bullet bra is comfortable and allows for a slim silhouette.
- This bullet bra can also be worn with bullet pads for an enhanced shape.
- This vintage bullet bra is of excellent quality and design.
- This 1940’s vintage bra is true to its origin, and so, it does not stretch much.
- This bullet bra by What Katie Did is comfortable and allows for a good shape.
- The size of this What Katie Did bra may not be fitting for all sizes.
So, there you have it- the five best vintage style bras for 2020. If you have already made up your mind and decided on going with any of these, do not hesitate! You will find that none of these will disappoint you and will live up to your expectations. So get ready to flaunt your body and go out to that party or gathering you’ve been eagerly waiting for. Go ahead and grab one, two, or many of these!
Thank you for reading secretofdiva.com articles.