Introduction of Vintage Watch
A vintage watch is any watch that is a few decades old. However, these days, a new watch that is already used or pre-owned is termed as a vintage watch. Some people find the word ‘vintage’ as an alternative to the word ‘used’ or ‘second-hand.
The world of vintage watches is a very interesting one. You know well that men and watches go together like bread and butter. We’ve been to the watch dealers to bring you some of the most beautiful vintage watches that you should own or gift to him. Vintage watch for Men is perfect gift because it will make him look and feel confident and majestic. Vintage watches have an amazing craftsmanship and their grace is just timeless. This post will serve to be a guide for the vintage watch lovers as we’ll take you through the ten watches that you should start collecting now.
Why vintage watches are loved by everyone
New timepieces are very admirable, but they can’t match the elegance of vintage watches. Each vintage watch has a different story to tell. One misconception about vintage watches is that they are very expensive, but that’s not true. Some vintage watches are equally magnificent in spite of being inexpensive. Vintage watch dealers may become your best friends because they offer an amazing timepiece at a very reasonable cost.
How to choose the best vintage watch
Going vintage seems a bit odd at first, but when you enter the world of vintages watches, you get to know that these are the watches that you’ve always longed for. One must, however, know how to buy a vintage watch that is perfect in all ways. Here are some tips to buy the best vintage watch:
- The first thing to do is to make up your mind about buying a vintage watch. You should know your preferences, whether you want a gold one, an alligator strap or cordovan, quartz or manual, etc.
- Before going to a watch dealer, you must know what questions you should ask him if you’re looking for a vintage watch. Inquire whether the watch has original accessories such as the box and service records. Also, ask the watch dealer whether the watch has been polished because too much polishing can make the metal weak. Furthermore, applying luminescent material to the markers can drop the value of the watch, so ask whether the dial is original or not. The case, dial, movement, and the crown should have the company logo. If any of them doesn’t have the company logo, it means that the watch has been replaced.
- You can buy a vintage watch from three places: a watch dealer, an auction, and the internet. All of these places have their pros and cons. If you choose the internet, you’ll be able to get reviews of the customers and also get a vintage watch at a low price. However, you won’t be able to hold the watch, which means there is a chance of getting scammed. Going to an auction will suck a lot of your time, but if you want to buy a rare watch, this can be the best place. A watch dealer will provide you with a lot of authentic information regarding a particular watch, but you’ll have to pay more at this platform.
- The advanced watches are always complicated. A vintage watch may have a minute repeater, chronograph, tourbillon, and a date display.
- You should know whether the vintage timepiece you’re going to buy has any oxidation, damage, or rust. If it appears to be made up of gold, how much karat is it? Know whether the watch is water resistant or not. If yes, then up to how many feet? Are there any missing stones or pearls?
- One of the most important things to enquire about is whether the watch is genuine or not. Most of the big watch companies have specific markings that tell whether the watch is genuine. However, the counterfeit market is getting smarter day by day and there are replica watches that look exactly like the original ones.
Our list of vintage timepieces
If you’re obsessed with pocket watches, this vintage watch is perfect for you. And if you’re thinking to buy a gift for him, nothing could be better than this one. It has an elegant design that can be an amazing addition to your outfit. The quartz movement is very precise, and the dial looks magnificent with a white base and black Arabic numerals. It is water resistant but shouldn’t come in contact directly with water such as while showering or swimming. There is a silver chain that is attached to the watch with a clip. The retro watch case will take you to the old times.Buy Now
Do you want to impress your friends in an old-school way? Then this watch is a must-have. This amazing piece from the house of Tissot is made to suit those who prefer elegance. The dial is of silver color, powered by quartz movement, and is housed in a case made of steel. There is a date display window present on the dial near 3 o’clock. The dial is covered by a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, and the strap piece is made up of brown leather. This vintage watch is one of the simplest yet stylish ones on our list.Buy Now
This watch is the slimmest one in the Daniel Wellington’s Classic collection. With a beautiful round dial, a magnificent casing, and a sturdy leather band, this vintage watch proves that people of the old times had class. The case is made of rose-gold stainless steel, and the dial is white with rose-gold hands and index hour markers. The dial is protected by a scratch-resistant material and sits perfectly on your wrist. This watch is available in two sizes: 36mm and 40mm.Buy Now
7. Akribos XXIV Men’s AK898YG Round Silver Dial Three-Hand Stainless Steel Watch with Brown Leather Band
The Akribos vintage watch has a beautiful and rugged construction. It features a 40mm yellow gold-tone case that has a surprisingly polished finish. The white dial has sleekly domed crystal highlights and Roman numeral markers. The minute and hour hands are of spade style and the complications include a split-arc date indicator and a window showing the day of the week. The leather strap is made of brown crocodile emboss with a buckle closure and tonal top stitching.Buy Now
6. Akribos XXIV Men’s Retro Swiss Quartz Cream Dial Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Brown Leather Strap Watch
This classic vintage watch from Akribos XXIV has a matte dial and a silver-tone stainless steel case that gives it an ornamented look. The white dial is very easy to read as it has Arabic numeral hour markers. The strap is made up of brown genuine leather and is water-resistant up to 99 feet. It can withstand splashes of water and rain, but it isn’t recommended to use while swimming or taking a shower.Buy Now
This vintage watch is very simple yet exquisite and can prove to be a beautiful addition to men’s wardrobe. It has a fixed stainless steel bezel and has a black leather strap. The white dial complements the black strap very beautifully. The dial has silver-tone hands and index hour markers. The date display is present at 3 o’clock and the minute markers are present around the outer rim.Buy Now
As a vintage timepiece, this accessory will make your daily dressing routine more interesting. It has a large case with polished bezel. The flat bezel surrounds an old-styled dial that has Roman numeral markings. The hands are luminous and the minute indexes are black. The watch is water-resistant up to 165 feet, and the strap is made up of brown genuine leather with a crocodile texture.Buy Now
This vintage watch contains the official Disney logo at the back of the stainless steel case. It has a two-tone bracelet that is adjustable and has a Japanese quartz movement. The Mickey Mouse character is present on the dial and the hands of this character indicate the time. This sporty timepiece is perfect for all Disney fans out there. You may read our review about this watch here.Buy Now
This is one of the most magnificent vintage timepieces of all time. It has a cream-colored dial, featuring Arabic numeral indices, three chronograph subdials, and a date window. It has a Japanese quartz movement and the strap is made up of crocodile-embossed leather with a buckle closure. It is a water-resistant watch and can be used for swimming up to 330 feet.Buy Now
The first one on our list is the Timex Men’s Watch. Its main feature is the unique olive color of the strap that is made up of nylon and is of slip-thru style. It has a round, cream dial with full Arabic numerals. The dial can light up, and the timing system is 24-hour military time. The watch is water-resistant but not suitable for swimming, bathing, or snorkeling. This watch has highest costumer review rating. It’s a perfect gift for men.Buy Now
If you are a watch lover, your watch collection won’t be complete without including vintage watches. Vintage watch shopping is not an easy task, but if you have adequate knowledge regarding the timepiece, you’ll easily get your desired one. You should learn to separate the gems from the junk and not to break your bank while buying them. If you’re interested in buying vintage watches, this post is for you as it will help you decide what to buy, where to buy it from, and how much to pay for it. Including some of the watches from our list of best vintage watches for men will make your watch collection impeccable.